The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Division of Medicaid and Long-Term Care (MLTC) is working to redesign and improve the delivery of long-term services and supports. The redesign is needed due to an aging population, increased costs for medical care and state budget concerns.
The redesign will focus on six areas:
- Improving the quality of services and the health of recipients.
- Use focused and individualized services to promote independent living in the least restrictive setting.
- Use streamlined long-term services and supports eligibility processes to increase access, coordination and integration of care.
- Improve the capacity to match available resources with individual needs.
- Improve the programmatic and administrative framework.
- Improve the system in order to match growing demand for supports.
Over the next year, MLTC will seek feedback from providers, care coordination agencies and individuals receiving services and their families on how the system can be improved. Implementation will begin in 2017.