In this time of resolution making, consider resolving to make sure your legal house is in order:
- Do you have a will? Do you need one?
- Do you have powers of attorney that will allow another person to manage your financial affairs if you should become incapacitated?
- Do you have medical health care powers of attorney that spell out what your wishes are should you be unable to express your own wishes?
- Is your business structured appropriately?
- Have you made provisions for caring for your children should something happen to you?
- Do you have more debt than you can handle?
Jeanelle R. Lust